Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 135

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Amazing Spider-Man #640, Page 23, Panel 6. 2010.
Ink (with digital color) on Marvel board, 11 x 17.25".
Original Art available at SplashPage Comic Art

In this scene, Doctor Strange is leaving Peter alone with MJ as he proceeds to the astral plane. The photo reference is rather mundane, but sometimes this is a faster way for me to work. Not pictured is the paper towel I often use for drapery, which was simple enough to hold in one hand and draw with the other.




Inks

By this point in the project, friends were helping me to ink, filling in blacks and ruling panel borders. It worked pretty seamlessly for the most part, but there were some hiccups. I had intended to leave a glow around the good Doctor, but neglected to indicate that fact in the pencils, pictured below. I had to go back in with white out (Holbein Acryla Gouache, titanium white) to salvage the panel.


Pencils


Layout

3 comments :

  1. It's great to see you back! I was starting to worry a bit, since you usually don't miss a beat on the blog.

    It's weird, though. I'm proud of what you did to try and stop that dispute. Who said doing the right thing was easy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great line work on the pencils, very fluid. Glad you're better <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Things are pretty much back to normal now. I just watched a lot of TV and movies last week. Turned out to be a pretty nice break.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.