Superman: Red & Blue No. 6

Monday, August 16, 2021

 

SUPERMAN: RED & BLUE #6 p.5. 2021.
Ink on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

What's this? I actually made some comics? It's true! Tom King wrote a beautiful story for me (and you) that somehow manages to hit pretty much every Superman note in pitch perfect harmony... and all in just 8 pages.


I think it might be out this week? I've seen some conflicting info online. But I've already received my complimentary copies (a nice DC perk) and it printed perfectly. It's got a wonderful cover by Doc Shaner, so you can't miss it. Enjoy!

6 comments :

  1. I loved it! are you planning to sell any of your original pages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, they'll be up for sale shortly. If interested, please contact Splash Page (link in the sidebar).

      Delete
  2. hey paolo, I tweeted this too but I wanted to share "the special" from superman red & blue 6 captured in a deeply human way all the major moments of clark's life while showcasing how much his father and smallville's community forged superman's sincere goodness; the expressive artwork is stunning from the way not seeing lana's face magnifies her grief to lois's checking her teeth to clark's patented glasses nudge--it may have even worked better as a silent story! clark's genuine words of comfort to annie made me cry $^#%^#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So happy to hear that it really meant something to you. We really tried to do as much as we could in just 8 pages.

      Delete
  3. I don't love Tom King writing, but I very much love your art, hopefully will see more. Plus writing was fine in this one.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.