Supergirl (Never Published)

Monday, August 3, 2020

SUPERGIRL (never published). 2018. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera)
on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

Most of the professional work that I've ever done has been published, but this is one of the few exceptions. We finished this in April of 2018, but it never made it out into the real world. I'm not exactly sure of the reason, but this kind of thing probably happens from time to time. It depicts Supergirl in a desperate struggle against Cyborg Superman.

My editor had me change her expression mid-stream and, judging from my process pics, I think we went back to the original. These things happen. It was a fun project, though, and I'm glad I can finally share it here, if not on an actual comic cover.


Inks by my Pops!


pencils over digital sketch


digital sketch


digital layouts


detail

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.