Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 315

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

THE ORIGINAL. 2014. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera)
on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

A couple years ago I was contacted by Sean Miller, an independent comic creator, who wanted to know if I'd be willing to do a cover for his book. Although I didn't know him or his work, he was obviously dedicated to the project. He said he'd only started drawing a few years prior (which I still find hard to believe) and he's only improved since.

If you'll be at StocktonCon this weekend, be sure to stop by his booth — he'll have prints of the cover,  as well as a pin-up that he drew and I colored, signed by both of us. 


I didn't have a real baby back then


inks by my Pops


blue-line print of pencils


pencils over digital sketch


digital sketch


digital layouts

2 comments :

  1. Outstanding as usual, with academic value, but you did not take your belly as reference =^)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.