Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 311

Gouache and on illustration board, 16 × 22″.

Although this was just announced yesterday, I'm afraid the prints have sold out from Sideshow Collectibles. You can still get on the waiting list here. There should be a variant available at some point as well. Will try to get the word out when it is.

Not pictured below is the digital sculpture they gave me as reference, fully rendered in gray tones. I also found pics of bodybuilders online to help with details like veins and tendons.

Me being me

Photoshop drawing with Kyle T. Webster's "Animator Pencil"


  1. Love watching your work come to life and seeing how others make use of reference pictures :) very inspirational, thanks!

  2. Outstanding, mesmerizing, a masterpiece

  3. Your work I equal with that of Alex Ross. Both of you are on the top of your game with your attention to detail, environment, lighting, value and most of all, emotion and feeling. I also love the fact that your styles are completely similar. You each focus and accel at different elements, showing that there is more than one way to paint effectively. I'm glad I stumbled onto your work when I did. Awesome stuff!

    1. Thank you so much, Micah! He's one of the main reasons I got into the industry (and I've told him as much).



Related Posts with Thumbnails