Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 310

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

HELLBOY AND THE B.P.R.D.: 1953 #3 page 17. 2016.
Photoshop (#kylebrush), 11 × 17″. Full Credits

I had to draw this scene from multiple angles on a couple pages (plus have the preceding action make spatial sense) so I made a crude maquette out of a kneaded eraser to help set the stage. This was one of the pages that was done completely in Photoshop, mostly with the "Rough Inker" from Kyle Brush.


digital inks


digital pencils


digital layout

4 comments :

  1. Love seeing others workflow/process :) more like this please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paolo, I've purchased the Kyle Brush pack and it's amazing but I'm having trouble getting those "broken" or "running out of ink" lines such as those used on Susan's cheek in panel 3 and the lines in the "smoke". What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be a variety of things. For one, I'm working at a pretty high resolution. Roughly 10x15 at 400ppi. Makes for a big file. I also change the brush size pretty often. And with my Cintiq, I adjust the pen sensitivity to give me more range at lighter pressures. Lastly, I have a pretty light touch. I'd just try experimenting more, even changing the parameters of the brushes if you have to (just be sure to save a copy of the original).

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.