Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 285

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

THE VALIANT #1 PAGE 12. 2014. Photoshop, 2750 × 4175 px.

This page involved looking into the mirror a lot, but I took at least one webcam pic for the last panel. The cigar club is based on a real one in NYC that I found pics of online. (Those beautiful, blonde waves are based on my own hair.) All but 4 pages of issue #1 were done digitally, using Kyle T. Webster's Photoshop brushes. You can see the traditional pages at Splashpage Art.

I thought the trade paperback was coming out today (and last week) but it looks like you'll have to wait until the end of the month. In the meantime, our book was ranked as one of the top Valiant stories of all time by CBR. Awesome!


What's the deal?


digital inks


digital pencils


digital layout


digital ink detail

2 comments :

  1. Awesome. I learn so much from these. I like how you adjusted the lampshade size and captured subtle details like the picture hanging on a tilt. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.