Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 279

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

THE VALIANT #1 Page 12. 2014. Digital 2750 × 4175 px.

Folks! I'm gonna try to get back in the swing of things on the blog, so here's the next installment of Wacky Reference Wednesday! I'm playing the part of Kay McHenry, the current Geomancer of the Valiant Universe.

The 4th and final issue of the series will be out next week, and if all goes well, we're going to set up a signing at Isotope in SF. And since my 'rents are visiting this week, my Dad can sign too! Stay tuned for more details.

Finally, in case you missed it, in addition to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and YouTube, I'm now on Instagram!



All but 5 pages of issue 1 were done completely in Photoshop. Below is a detail of the panel in question. I used Kyle T. Webster's brushes for sketching, inking, and toning.





2 comments :

  1. Stunning! Your sequential work always wows me. The way you capture every little feeling is just amazing.

    Also, I' ve too been using Kyle's brushes for some months now and I couldn't be happier. I found them thanks to one of your previous posts, so a big thanks to you and your astonishing blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Izan! And yes, Kyle's brushes are great... I use them for pretty much every project now.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.