Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 268

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #638 Page 29. 2010.
Ink on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

The narrative of One Moment in Time jumps back and forth between two eras in Peter Parker's life, but when I was just beginning to pencil, I neglected to keep those eras organized in my mind. Joe Quesada had given me a 3D Sketchup model of Parker's current apartment. Although a great resource, I was a tad too eager and used it in one of the flashback scenes. I didn't realize it until my editor pointed it out to me on the finished pencils.


You may also notice that the perspective of the outside buildings is a bit off. Those were just flat backdrops to give a sense of the outside world. They may look okay from one angle, but not others.

revised pencils
original pencils

pencil layout



  1. That arc was so well done. Your work was the best part of it!

    I forget~ was this before or during you and your dad started working together?

    1. Thanks, Narciso! I inked this one myself... may have been the last story I inked.



Related Posts with Thumbnails