Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 247

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Green Hornet #8 Cover. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

Green Hornet #8 is out today and here is a preview. My contribution is pictured above, with a step-by-step breakdown below. I did this cover while visiting my 'rents in sunny Florida — the unfamiliar background behind me is my Dad's studio. I colored it there as well, using my old Cintiq 12WX. (All my old technology eventually finds its way to Florida.) Aside from the Photo Booth pic of myself, I used plenty of internet reference to get the look of the car right.


Nice Red Sonja sculpture, Dad!


inks by my Pops
blue-line print of pencils



















pencils over digital sketch
digital sketch


















digital layout

4 comments :

  1. thanks for sharing process, very helpfull Paolo!
    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome. Glad you found it useful!

      Delete
  2. Love your Green Hornet covers! March solicitations sound like Green Hornet #12 is the final issue, but not sure. Did you do a cover for a 13th issue? I'd hate to see the series end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally, it was going to be the last issue, but they extended it to 13. After that, I'm not so sure of their plans. It's certainly been fun, though.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.