Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 246

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

FIVE GHOSTS #7 (PHANTOM VARIANT). 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

Five Ghosts #7 is out and I provided a so-called Phantom Variant for the issue. From what I understand, I think that means it's rare... though I'm not sure what that means, numbers-wise. (Here's a review of the issue.) What's not rare are pics of myself on my hard drive. Here's this week's sampling.

For those of you not familiar with the title, it follows the adventures of Fabian Gray, who is haunted by the ghosts of 5 literary figures. It's high-concept, high-adventure, and a joy to read.


Aside from the "selfies," I found plenty of stylistic reference online


inks by my Dad
blue-line print of pencils

















pencils over a digital sketch
digital sketch

















digital layouts

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.