Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 245

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #7. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

This is the last of 3 covers featuring the Superior Six, so I wanted to do a nice, iconic shot of the whole group. The issue hits shelves today! (preview here) I used quite  bit of reference for all the figures which you can see below. Also out today is my Daredevil #506 t-shirt!

This Friday in Daytona Beach, I'll have signed art, prints, and comics in the Empty Bowls auction to benefit Halifax Urban Ministries. If you're in the area and would like to bid, you can find full details here. I'll post my original art contribution on Friday.


Vogue!

inks by my Dad
cyan print of pencils




















pencils over digital sketch
digital sketch




















digital layout

4 comments :

  1. Want the shirt. Must go find one. My favorite cover of yours for DD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a real kick out of the "Six Arms Saga" thumbnail. I think theres something to it, but at the same time I can understand why you didn't go with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope they eventually let me do it in some form. It worked out too perfectly not to.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.