Supercon Commissions

Friday, December 13, 2013

ROCKET RACCOON. 2013.
Ink and watercolor on sketch cover, 7 × 10.5″.

Here's a sampling of some of the sketch covers I did this past July in Miami. The Punisher sketch below was something novel for me: I watercolored over an ink drawing by Ariel Olivetti. I had never considered doing that before, but I had a lot of fun with it (especially because all the hard work had been done). I never had the chance to meet Ariel, but we share the same art rep.

In other news, I bought Manga Studio 5 this week. I own 4, but never used it, so now I'm making a special effort to learn it. It's going well so far — I'm using it to do layouts for my graphic novel. I still prefer Photoshop, but that's probably because I'm used to it. What I wanted from MS5 was the ability to treat a book as a single file that could be easily edited. Since I'm writing for myself now, I wanted a little more freedom with the page and panel count. Hopefully it can speed me up a bit as well.

Have a great weekend!


Ariel Olivetti. PUNISHER. 2013.
Ink and watercolor on sketch cover, 7 × 10.5″.


DAREDEVIL. 2013.
Ink and watercolor on sketch cover, 7 × 10.5″.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.