Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 244

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #6 Cover. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

Issue 6 of Superior Spider-Man Team-Up hits shelves today, so be sure and pick up a copy (preview here). Doc Ock, having taken over Peter Parker's mind, has overhauled the former Sinister Six into a Superior team. Hilarity ensues.

And in case you want to listen to me talk for an hour, check out the Afterschool podcast with Don Lehman. I had a great time conversing with Don about inspiration, process, and breaking into the industry.


based on this lovely Ditko cover


inks by my Pops
blue-line print of pencils


















pencils over digital sketch
digital sketch


















digital layout


a mysterious detail

6 comments:

  1. is so fascinating to see all the steps until the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a good podcast recommendation, especially when it comes to talking with creative professionals one on one.

    The problem is that as inspiring as it can be, I have to set aside time to listen, as spoken word audio can be more than a little distracting when I'm trying to draw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I listen to a ton of podcasts, but only during the "rendering" phases of my projects — can't do it during the planning stage.

      Delete
  3. I downloaded the podcast and listened to it on the way home last night and on the way to work this morning. What a great interview! Not only was it insightful about your background but also motivating with your experiences and your techniques. I especially enjoyed your personal stories and laughed at your mind blowing discovery of the Hand/Foot and Stick/Splinter associations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you enjoyed it! I forgot to mention that the radioactive canister that blinded Matt Murdock was the very same one that created the Ninja Turtles (didn't find that out 'til later).

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails