Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 242

Green Hornet #7 Cover. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

Hi there...

Green Hornet #7 hit shelves today! (Preview here). I did this during the summer while I was in temporary housing. Since I couldn't find my bristol board, I just did the penciling stage digitally. My Dad still did the inks the old fashioned way.

inks by my Pops
blue-line print of "pencils"

digital "pencils"
digital sketch

digital layouts

digital "pencils" detail


  1. Interesting to see you did the "pencils" in black. It looks like they could've been colored over and used as the final line-art.

    1. Yeah, when I do it digitally, it's tough not to just finish it. I still had my Dad ink because we like having the original art.

  2. Hi Paolo!
    I really like your work and the passion you put into it,
    but I miss something in this composition.
    Don't you think Green Hornet's coat should have more movement?
    You put it on the scarf, why not on the coat?

    Anyway, thanks a lot for share your work!
    I learn a lot from you!

    1. Easy answer: I don't know. I tried to imply that it was flying up behind him, but there was only so much room on the cover. There's always a give and take of some sort.

      Glad you like the blog. Thanks for visiting!



Related Posts with Thumbnails