Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 221

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Iron Man Variant Cover (Hawkeye #10). 2012.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

If you didn't get enough Iron Man yesterday, here's a more classic take on the Golden Avenger. This is part of Marvel's Many Armors of Iron Man variant series, so you'll find it on select issues of Hawkeye #10, which hits shelves today (preview here). Aside from the photo reference of myself (really just for the hands), I scoured the web for pics of actual electronics labs and workshops.


I own just one shirt.


inks by my Dad
blue-line print of my pencils






pencils over a digital print
digital composite sketch







digital layout sketches



2 comments :

  1. I love it. I have to say though, I like the use of the check-pattern in the background on the rough for perspective. That's very clever. Never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carl. That's part of my perspective template that I use in Photoshop. Still haven't gotten around to producing a how-to video, but it's on my list of things to do.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.