Lost Loves (And Those Responsible)

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Gwen and Spidey. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 12 × 9″.

I already posted Green Goblin before, but I feel like he belonged in this group. As for my schedule, I'm working on quite a few different things right now, including several covers and a couple "special" projects, all the while chipping away at my sci-fi graphic novel. I'm about 25-30% of the way through the script and I hope to start illustrating by the middle of this year. Single covers are lots of fun, but nothing has as much meat as a story.

If you like these portraits, they're available — along with dozens more — in my full-color book of commissions, Face Paint, available from Essential Sequential for $40. I'm probably only doing 2 conventions this year, Heroes and NYCC, but if you buy a copy, I'll be happy to do a quick sketch in it for you.

Have a great weekend!

Update: I wanted to clarify that while the Face Paint books are already signed, the inventory is out of my hands, so I can't take sketch requests. However, if you see me at a con, I'll be happy sketch and personalize your copy. Thanks!

Mary Jane Watson. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.


Mephisto. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.



Green Goblin. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

9 comments :

  1. If a book purchased is made, can one request which character you'll do? Thanks. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops... I meant to say "at a convention." Essential Sequential has all the inventory, signed and ready to go, so I can't do sketches in them just yet. But if you bring one to a convention, I'll be happy to sketch in it for you. Sorry for the confusion. I'm going to update that shortly.

      Delete
    2. No worries. I can't make NYCC, but C2E2 -- will you be at that one?

      Delete
    3. I'm afraid not, Roberto. Did you already place the order? Would you mind contacting me via email? It's contact -at- paolorivera.com. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. if you can take a precon commission for heroes and Nycc please let me know since I a oversea fan and cannot attend those con personally but I can try find a fellow fan of you to help out, love those girls of spidey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make an announcement here on the blog as soon as I open up the list. I'll provide a link via Twitter and Facebook as well. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. On these pictures you say they are done in watercolor. Do you mean gouache or are they actually watercolor? I have a weird feeling of deja vu like I've asked this before (I may have so please be patient with my terrible memory haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I use gouache, I will make a note of it under the pic. I do most commissions in watercolor because it's typically faster. That being said, most of these have touches of white acrylic for highlights and such.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for clearing that up. I always wondered because a lot of people will categorize gouache as watercolor.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.