Wacky Reference Wednesday, No. 184

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bat-Candles. 2012. Ink and watercolor on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

This is a recent birthday present for a friend. It didn't require a ton of reference, but I always like getting the hands just right. Who knew all those utility pockets were for candles?



Since I was going to ink this piece myself, I "penciled" it digitally and printed it out in blue-line, inking and coloring overtop. Any stray blue marks were painted over in white Acryla Gouache, my standard for white-out.



And just a friendly reminder: my contest for Wacky Reference Wednesday # 200 is still going strong. It's your first (and possibly only) chance to art direct a fully-painted commission from me. Full details can be found here.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.