Wacky Reference Wednesday, No. 160

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Daredevil #1, Page 3. 2011. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

This was a fairly complex page to set up, but aside from Cloisters and wedding reference, most of the figures were from my head. I needed some help on Daredevil's hand, though, as that angle always gives me trouble. Nothing a mirror in my parents' house couldn't solve. I should also note that I used to use a pipe for Daredevil's billy club. Now I use a rolled up piece of paper (which is easier on the neighbors when I drop it).




1: Layout, 4 × 6″ 2: Digital Composite 3: Pencils

2 comments :

  1. Is that perspective grid something you created in Photoshop or is that from something else? Manga Studio? Illustrator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kara — it's a grid template that I created in Photoshop. I'm working on releasing it to the public sometime this year, but I need to produce an instruction pdf and maybe a video. I'll announce it here on the blog as soon as it's ready.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.