Daredevil #9 Cover

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Daredevil #9 Cover. 2011. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera)
on Marvel board with digital color, 11 × 17.25″.

My girlfriend has taken off to a faraway land this week, leaving me to my own devices. It always fascinates me how, without an anchor to civilization, I quickly devolve into a man-cave mode. It verges on being anthropologically noteworthy.

In other news, I'm working on the cover to Daredevil #10. To facilitate that process, as well as to prepare for drawing the next 2 issues, I've sculpted a couple digital maquettes in Sculptris. Each one took about an hour, using my Matt Murdock maquette as a starting point. While that may save some time, I end up having to "un-sculpt" a lot, so the basic sphere may still be the best bet.


A moloid and his master, the Mole Man.

I'm also excited today because I'm supposed to receive my Cintiq 12WX. I had ordered the larger version earlier this year, but supplies were short. I opted to get the smaller because I think it will be a better fit for my workstation. I can't wait to try some digital sketching.

5 comments :

  1. You could as well make video game designs! If they make "Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3", I wish they'll use Your works as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the Sculptris heads. I've played around with it a little, but it seems strange to me that you need to start with a sphere each time...unless I am not understanding things ;)
    I wonder if there are libraries of basic Sculptris shapes somewhere online like the Skechup object libraries to use as a starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting times for sure! Those sculptures are great, and I am really digging the tone you have going in that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, it's something I've thought of, but I doubt I'll ever get around to it. I would like to get back into sculpting, though.

    Michael, I've been using a head that I made as a starting point for all the subsequent heads. It saves time for similar faces, but for something like Mole Man and a moloid, I think I could've done it faster from scratch.

    Thanks, Phillip!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.