Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 136

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Amazing Spider-Man #577. 2008. Ink on Marvel board, 11 x 17.25".
Original art available at Splash Page Comic Art.

KRAK! TEK! EEEEEEEEE! CHOOM! I love drawing sound effects. In this scene, Punisher knocks Spidey out just before an angry Moses Magnum explodes onto the scene. Magnum had been using the dockside warehouse as an arms smuggling base. The Punisher, of course, uses that fact against him.


For those of you who are curious, the shirt reads "Spring Break 2006."
I was having a dry t-shirt contest.

Pencils

3 comments :

  1. I think that issue left a mark on me because of the hand-drawn sounds.

    I love the new cover for Spectacular Spider-Man #1000! It reminds me of your work on your Punisher/Spider-Man comic with Zeb Wells (right?).

    Surprising how the numbers sprang up to 1000...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know the thing about WRW? it helps to actually have physic like a superhero.
    one thing i've learned from you is, you take commitment to the art, to a whole new level.

    peace out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Narco. Not sure about that numbering myself, but oh well.

    Arnie, I always wanted to be a superhero when I was a kid—this was the next best thing. Time to get back to the gym... haven't been this entire year!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.