Fan Expo 2010 Commissions

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Thing. 2010. Watercolor on paper, 9 x 12".

Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays. I know I already used that joke on Twitter, but recycling material helps me feel like I'm helping the environment.

This piece wasn't actually painted in Toronto, but it's from that batch of commissions. I'm still plugging away at the batch from the New York Comic Con, so some of you may have to wait until the new year. As always, thank you for you patience!

The good news? Some of you may remember my mentioning some work "on spec" a few weeks ago. Well, I got the job... sort of. I can't give any details right now (and I'm probably jinxing myself by even mentioning it) but it's one of the most exciting gigs I've ever had, and I have the best job in the entire world, so that's saying a lot.

4 comments :

  1. That's awesome. Your Thing is one of my favorite depictions of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris. He's definitely one of my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new mystery gig! Can't wait to see what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, it's so insanely awesome that I'm terrified I'm going to mess it up. Too good to be true. More info when I can.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.