Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 117

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Amazing Spider-Man #639, Page 7, Panel 1. 2010.
Ink on Marvel board with digital color, 11 x 17.25".

I've been wanting to show this one since November of last year, if for no other reason than to show my Oscar™-level acting talent. Those are real tears, folks... as real as they get.

Those are also real feet, which I ended up taking out during the inking stage. Since Mary Jane storms out of the apartment at the end of the scene, presumably with her shoes on, I figured I better just keep them on to begin with (I just can't seem to help ending sentences with prepositions all about).

You may also notice that the penciled page below lists the issue as #634. In addition to being pushed back to give me more time (thank goodness), more issues were added to the publishing schedule.


7 comments :

  1. real tears??!!....360 degrees ARTIST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, but where is the reference photo of you in the Vera Wang wedding gown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea, Andrea... I'll do almost anything for a page of comics.

    James, I'm disappointed, to be honest. I would have assumed that you would know from the Wedding Annual that Willi Smith was the designer of MJ's gown. Of course, you always have been more of a Gwen Stacy fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, Paolo, I thought #639 was really compelling. I really sunk down in my seat when I read that scene.

    I guess it all attributes to your professional acting ability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Narco. It must have been that American Musical Theater class I took in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really been enjoying the One Moment In Time storyline so far, and the art work is so intense, especially the tears. Whatever you have to do to make amazing work keep doing it, even if it means crying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Oscar! In addition to tears, blood and sweat help too.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.