Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 116

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Amazing Spider-Man #638, Page 24. 2010. Ink with digital color on Marvel board, 11 x 17.25".

In this scene following Peter's low-key bachelor party, Flash Thompson and Harry Osborn discuss their friend's seemingly cold feet. Because I am often Battle-Ravaged™ Spider-Man for Halloween, I happen to own an arm sling, the tensions and gesture of which would be difficult to invent.

In a completely unrelated note, if you ever try internet dating, wearing an arm sling in at least one picture will increase your profile views. Curiosity and sympathy clicks still count. Just sayin'.

3 comments :

  1. Interesting as always Paolo, for people like me trying to become a full tme pro are so precious stuff.

    Just a question: how many pages are you able to produce (pencil and ink) in a month? I'm asking because I see that you often use photo ref for yur characters poses and it really add value to your pages, but it should take longer as production process, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guglie, the photos are actually somewhat of a shortcut. I usually take them because I am so pressed for time and it's the easiest way to get exactly the look I'm going for. It's definitely a time saver in the long run.

    As for my rate, it's tough to say because each page and issue is so different. What I can say is that these 4 issues took me roughly 8 months to pencil, ink, and color, but I had to work all day, every day, and even had to hire out help towards the end. Furthermore, the last issue took much less time than the others simply because of setting, so the average was probably over 2 months per issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for the answers, as I said they are important information for people like me trying to break in this field.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.