Earth View in Google Maps

Sunday, May 9, 2010




Google just keeps making it easier for us: now you can utilize all of the power of Google Earth without opening anything but your web browser. If you haven't downloaded the full application for some reason, now you have no excuse.

Just a note—I find it easiest to navigate their virtual world using my Wacom pen and tablet. In addition to making the "click" and drag motion more fluid, I can orbit through space by depressing the top modifier button (which I've set-up as "middle click"). Holding the bottom button (set to "right click") functions as a sliding zoom, although I rarely use this because the same function is provided by the touch strip (or mouse scroll wheel). These commands work in both the web browser and Google Earth.

Not to be outdone, here is Microsoft's take on the same idea, taken a step further (although I haven't tried it myself yet):

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.