An Amazing Preview

Thursday, May 27, 2010


Amazing Spider-Man #638, Page 25, Panels 1-2. 2010. Ink on Marvel board, 11 x 17.25".



My mom has an exclusive scoop today on her blog, COLOR informal. There, you will find 4 inked pages from One Moment in Time, the 4-issue Spider-Man arc on which I am currently hard at work (I'm halfway through inking the second book, for those of you who are counting). I'll be digitally coloring the book as well, so I've got my work cut out for me.

If all goes as planned, the first book should be out in time for the San Diego Comic-Con, which I will be attending. Unfortunately, my schedule won't allow for Philly this year, but I hope to make it in 2011. I've also been invited to 2 more conventions, so I'll be sure to make an announcement as soon as they're official.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

5 comments :

  1. Paolo - those are fantastic. And the fact that it's scooped on your mom's blog is another reason to appreciate you as a cool dude.

    This looks like it emerged whole right from the pre-wedding era of ASM reading.

    Were you looking directly at that art for a general feel to attain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, in 2 of the panels, I wasn't just looking directly at the art, I was, in fact, tracing. There are more examples of that throughout the story, but they are limited to the first issue.

    It's been an interesting line to toe. I'm being an unabashed mimic, but I also can't help but be myself. The difference in eras within the story has also been an interesting stylistic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool insight, Paolo.

    I know you to be a craftsman and the mimicry seems to be exactly what this particular story is calling for with its issues of memory and divergent paths.

    I still see you coming through in the compositions and expressiveness of the characters and it makes for a charged 1980s/2010 juxtaposition.

    Is it Ron Frenz/ Paul Ryan on the original art chores?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be Paul Ryan... and in the first issue, we'll be weaving into and out of his art, perhaps with a dash of Quesada. The first issue is over 40 pages!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.