Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 102
Daredevil #507 Cover. 2010. Gouache and
Acryla Gouache on bristol board, 11 x 17".
This cover was kind of a rush job, but I managed to finish it just before my trip to Providence earlier this year. Upon it's completion, I wasn't a big fan , but it's grown on me in the interim. I guess you can't go wrong with ninjas.
Otherwise, "OMIT" is going well. Finishing up a cover right now (one more to go) and inking up a storm. The project should be officially announced this weekend, so keep your eyes peeled.
Beware the screwdriver!
Despite my knowing better, I used a green from outside the CMYK gamut. The printed version will be a far cry from the electric lime I used in the original, which is shown in RGB at the top of the post. The image directly above, while in RGB, was first converted to CMYK to approximate the printed page.
Preliminary Drawing. Pencil
Digital Color Study, Revised. Photoshop.
Digital Color Study. Photoshop.