Daredevil #506 Next Wednesday

Friday, April 9, 2010


Daredevil #506 Cover (with trade dress). 2009. Acrylic and
gouache on bristol board, 11 x 17".



Good morning (or late afternoon). I had a deadline at noon today, so I had to pull an all-nighter to make sure I hit it. This, I'm afraid to say, is going to become more common in the next couple months. In order to make sure I can do all the work required of me (inking and coloring 4 books by July, plus two painted covers), I'm going to have to step back on the blogging. I plan to continue Wacky Reference Wednesdays, since they're relatively easy to put together, but Monday's and Friday's posts will be taking a break until further notice. I apologize for the hiatus, but the demands on my time are too great at the moment and this is one project that I can't afford to delay. Marvel is putting a lot of marketing muscle behind me and I'd like to live up to the support. I hope you're all looking forward to the series as much as I am.

With that being said, I've got a cover (pictured above) coming out next week. You can preview the book and others at Newsarama. In the meantime, have a great weekend!

7 comments :

  1. I just love this cover. I have been read Daredevil in TPB since early in the re-launch. But this one may be worth picking up for the cover alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, diceciper. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on your workload, Paolo.

    Looking forward to the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Michael! Been painting and coloring all weekend, but managed to step out for some good meals. I think they're going to release the first cover next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance of this being released as a print? I would love to have this hanging on my wall. Great work! - Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mayhaps, xx, but don't hold your breath. E-mail me in August. Hopefully, I'll have my life in order by then. Then again, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guys, if you want "Deadpool - Suicide Kings (Comics)" then u can check out this link.
    http://entertainmentbench.blogspot.com/2012/11/deadpool-suicide-kings.html

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.