Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 99

Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Mythos: Captain America, Page 15 (panel 1 detail). 2008.
Acryla Gouache and gouache on bristol board, 11 x 17".



I had always wanted this panel to be part of a double-page spread, extending out to the left to display the vastness of the Allied Powers' invasion of Normandy, but we had limited space and I had already extended one page (the Avengers spread) into two. Most of the reference for this composition came from the WWII books and various images found on-line. The photos below were mostly taken for general lighting and gesture, so I didn't follow them all too closely. Although one of the maquettes is supposed to be Peter Parker, the features are generic enough to pass for a young Bucky Barnes.


7 comments :

  1. Haha, I like how you include the little head/ bust

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here in Brazil the magazine mythos will leave here four months and I'm saving money to buy, I see that it is worth.
    his drawings are like the Fantastic Four, are ...
    FANTASTIC!
    these days I have been trying to establish a trait itself, its own style.
    why I want to be an artist as good as you.
    when I trace my own ... I want to go to my blog.
    I hope that one day we will know us personally.
    ... bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Intuos 1... I rock it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, guys!

    Mike, I'm afraid to say that I have since upgraded to the the Intuos 3... although size-wise, I "downgraded" to the 4 x 6" which I like much better. The old one worked just fine (gave it to a friend, in fact) but I love the new button features on the side. Of course, then they had to come out with the 4th generation, which has even more features.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.