Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 79

Tuesday, November 3, 2009


Mythos: Captain America, page 20, panel 2 (detail)
gouache and acrylic on bristol board

Giant Man may be too big for the frame, but I'm not. I was so pressed for time towards the end of this project that I didn't have time to paint his hands (or place another character in front of them), so I just "hazed" them out, hoping that there was enough other detail throughout the panel to distract the viewer from the fact. I never liked the resultant shape tangent to Thor's ear wings, but I had to move on. Maybe next time.



Too lazy to set up my tripod, the rung of my loft ladder sufficed.

2 comments :

  1. Well...the amazing light effect on the Iron Man armory would be enough to distract any viewer even from an earthquake.
    Wonderful panel,Paolo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to put that to the test some day, Salvo. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.