Visions of Valenciennes

Wednesday, November 18, 2009


Vision
Big Apple Con commission
watercolor on paper (9" x 12")
2009

I'm going to France! Next April, I'll be heading there to attend a convention in Valenciennes, a town not too far from the Belgium border. I expect to see all of you there. If, for some strange reason, you can't make it, you can find more information at the convention blog (translated version here).

By the way, the above head sketch of the android Avenger, Vision, was done at the last Big Apple Con. In semi-related news, it was painted for Thomas... who is from France. Yep.

7 comments :

  1. Vous etes un homme international!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME IN FRANCE PAOLO !
    VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOU !

    MISTER COMICS THE COMICS SHOP (VALENCIENNES)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mr. Comics! I'm looking forward to my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paolo !
    Happy to hear this is really happening. I'll probably be in France in April so don't be too surprised to see me there. Don't worry though, I won't harass you all week-end like I usually do at U.S. cons...( I'll go bother Marcos Martin ! ).
    Oh and if you stop by Paris on the way, and need a guide or any help on where to go, i'd be more than happy to take you out or give you a list of cool places to go !
    And thanks again for the Iron Man & Vision sketches at the Big apple con!
    Vive le camembert !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tres Bon, I live in Brighton (UK) so France is is just next door, see you in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thomas, I'll try to act surprised when I see you there. And I'll probably be helping you bother Marcos Martin... I love his work. I definitely want to use the opportunity to visit Paris, so I may take you up on your offer.

    Nick, I look forward to meeting you. Maybe that will give me enough of an incentive to finish your commission!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.