The Marvels Project, Part 4 of 4

Sunday, November 8, 2009


This is the last piece from my series of promotional illustrations for The Marvels Project by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting. I highly recommend the series (now 3 issues deep) and I hear my images may be on the back covers of certain variant issues (though I'm still not certain).

I also wanted to mention that I attended Brooklyn's King Con on Sunday and it was a huge success. I only heard about it through a random link Sunday morning, so I decided to drop by in the afternoon. While I was just visiting this time around, I'm pretty sure I'll be involved in next year's show. Brooklyn is home to so many comic creators, it just makes sense to have a con close by.

6 comments :

  1. I'm a sucker for these kinds of 'bio-sheets' :) This strikes me as less believable than the previous ones, but that's possibly because it's depiciting a GIANT BAT HUMANOID!:) I love it nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaky. I'd certainly feel a little shafted if I was the unlucky soldier to be picked for the "Man-bat" transformation, instead of the crocodile option...

    How much trouble did the legs give you? I always have difficulty getting animal hind legs right on humanoids, since more often than not it ends up looking like the whole figure is falling forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow! This is incredible Paolo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...I'm not able to see this pic again...
    That happened only with the four "marvel project" images, I can see all the other pics in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that Marvel doesn't send you copies of your finished work in print! I'll try to get my hands on a friend's camera or scanner so that you can see how your artwork was used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Björn, I couldn't agree more. They kept telling me to "push it" further and further, so I just went nuts. Of course, I kinda just ended up with Man-Bat. Oh well.

    Drew, why wouldn't you want to be a Man-Bat?! C'mon. It can't be that bad. And yes, the legs did give me some trouble. At first I was just going to do human legs, then I realized he wouldn't be able to grasp anything. We probably don't have legs like that for a reason.

    Thanks, Sketchguy! Glad you like it.

    Salvo, I don't know what the problem is, but I'll be glad to send you the image.

    Panamagoo, it's toughest when they come out on variant issues, which are of course, rarer. I think what they've been doing lately has been to wait until we've produced enough work to warrant a Fedex package (which for me is a long time).

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.