Screen Capture Shortcut

Sunday, September 27, 2009


Time for Old Man Logan, week 2!

Just kidding. Moving right along, I wanted to share a screen capture tip that my girlfriend taught me: by pressing Command, Shift, and 4, simultaneously, your cursor will become a marquee with which you can frame a portion of your screen to capture. The image will be saved to your desktop as "picture #.png." I use this whenever I need to save photo reference from a web site that won't let me download the image directly (I'm talking to you, Flickr), or when I need to explain a computer process to someone. I used to use the program Grab for this procedure, but this makes things even easier.

Also, just to give you something to look at, I've posted a digital color study from Mythos: Captain America, page 15.

6 comments :

  1. Tested here... Seens it´s just for Mac... Sight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, sorry about that, Carlos. I meant to mention that in the post, but it looks like I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MACs are like old NES games with the number of hidden tricks and key commands. Be careful to not have your cat sit on your keyboard. His furry butt will invert your colors and enlarge your text and you'll never be able to undo it.

    For what it's worth, SHIFT COMMAND 3 will give you a screenshot of your whole desktop if you don't need to make a selection.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paolo,

    I just want to say that I've been an admirer of your Mythos books for sometime. How did you find yourself painting comics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, thanks for the tip. It's true, I've discovered many "hot keys" just by pressing the wrong buttons.

    Olumuyiwa, thanks for picking up Mythos. As for your question, that's going to be the subject of a future post. The short answer: a lot of hard work and dedication. I'll try to go into a little more depth in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you can find some of my answers under the "interviews" label of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I figured out that shortcut a couple of months back. Really helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.