Old Allies

Thursday, May 28, 2009


So long, Young Allies! I finished late Wednesday night and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. Now I just hope that what I've learned about computer coloring proves true upon publication. We'll find out on the 17th of next month.

As always, I have a host of collaborators to thank. First and foremost, Roger Stern, who composed a great one-shot while giving me the kind of spectacle that I love to draw. My editor, Tom Brennan, who gives me more time and compliments than I probably deserve. And last but not least, my roommates and girlfriend, who feed me, make me laugh (thus keeping me sane), and kindly remind me to shower.


But just because this project's over doesn't mean I can rest (I actually caught myself drawing "for fun" earlier).

Today I'll be visiting a high school to talk to some kids about my (awesome) job. Let's hope comics are still as cool as they were when I was growing up.

3 comments :

  1. OH MAN! That looks real great. Some of the first comics I ever read were Young Allies and Invaders, my pastor had dubs. I still have them, so this is a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr P. Rivera, no doubt, your work is really inspiring, and the accolades received by the fully justified. The color palette used, combined with the stroke of his brush, the ease and simplicity of their design gives your pages a rare elegance.
    I am waiting to read their conclusions about the treatment of color with Photoshop, since this is my tool of work.
    Un saludo Josep Baixauli.
    http://josepbaixauli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys!

    Bauxman, nice work! Makes me wish I had more opportunities to paint the ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.