Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 48

Tuesday, March 17, 2009


Who's the most beautiful woman in the world? Why, Helen of Troy, of course! She put the T & A in The Iliad! This was the cover to the first issue of the series, the final version of which you can see here.



And who better to pose as the most beautiful woman than yours truly. Look at that ethereal light! It reminds me of those soft-focus glamour shots from the nineties.



The first photo didn't give me quite enough detail, so I had to take this close-up of my beautifully delicate hands.

11 comments :

  1. LOL!!

    You love yourself, don't you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, very funny Paolo.
    You have great blog. Thanks for all the painting info you put on, interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, any more soft focus and it'll look like a Barbara Walters interview.

    I really dig this cover...I think it's because it reminds me of the drawings and such found on the side of greek vases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, my beautiful daughter, helena...always fretting over her man-hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just wrong on so many levels ;)
    I was wondering why there were never any girl ref photos here, now I know the truth damn it, now I know the truth.
    I know that the Hildebrants dressed up as hobbits but this is a lot to take in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I discovered you through Gallo's blog. Your work looks dope! I like this painting. Nice contrast. And I like the black between the figures. It reminds me of those ancient red figure vases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on man, those aren't your hands!!! But it made me laugh out loud! Beautiful painting anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, Shawn. But even though they're not my hands, I still plan on taking them with me to Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vai Pablo. Sei un grande!!! Il tuo albo sugli X-Man è una delle cose più belle che abbia mai visto.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mauro, my Italian is a little rusty, but I'm pretty sure that was a compliment. Grazie.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.