New York Comic Con 2009

Thursday, February 5, 2009


In case you haven't heard, the New York Comic Con begins tomorrow. This is the show's fourth year, and it just keeps getting bigger. If you plan on attending, feel free to stop by and visit.

My address: Table D-16 in Artist Alley
I'll be doing commissions, selling prints, and signing books all weekend — except during these events:

Friday, 2-3PM
Room 1A07
The Dos and Don'ts of Being a Comic Professional
hosted by Dwight and Swain of Sidebar
(Yipee! My first panel!)

Sunday, 1-2PM
Marvel Booth
I'll be signing books and doing free black and white head sketches for one precious hour. The line forms fast and there is a cut-off, so please get there early.

On the commissions front, I expect to be extremely busy for the entire con, so I apologize in advance if I can't get to everyone. The only commissions I will be accepting are watercolor head sketches for $60 and black and white head sketches for $20. I will start a new list at the beginning of each day, so everyone has an equal chance.

Also, I should mention that Marvel has (finally) started an official prints program, through which I can get 11˝ x 17˝ prints of my artwork with their official seal. I've received the first batch and will be selling them at the con. They are printed on 100 pound matte cover stock and they look great. Eventually, I will make them available to order on-line. The price is $15.

8 comments :

  1. Seriously great news all around Paolo. I definitely look forward to meeting you at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great show. Please post some of your commissions, if you take a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paolo! Awesome blog you have here. You're paintings rock sir. Amazing stuff. BTW: I love your photo refs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, how I wish I could be there to finally get a drawing from you. It would have been freaking awesome.

    Though I will definitely buy that print once it's available! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish i could make it...
    I look forward to seeing pictures next week.
    I also wish you'd be attending the Orlando Megacon, but cant have everything, right?
    Have a great con!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allow me to suggest you to make these prints available also through your art dealer. This way, he could include them along any purchase of original art, and the postage would be the same.

    Otherwise, to ship the prints overseas would cost more than the print itself.

    Have a fantastic stay at NYCC! And remember to take your camera with you to take pics of your great art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paolo, I love your work. Fantastic stuff.

    I happened onto your page when a little bird told me you have a vacation planned next month. (Well-deserved, I'm sure)

    Hope you enjoy Comic Con and your time abroad.

    -Chase
    The Taiwan Drift

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the warm wishes, gentlemen.

    Ferran, thanks for the suggestion. I'm just about to make a shipment to him, so I'll probably include some.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.