Plastiline Wolverine

Thursday, December 18, 2008


A recent post at Joe Quinones' blog reminded me of a project we did our senior year at RISD. Studying under Jeff Hesser, we started with a 3/4 life-size skull, then proceeded to "flesh" it out into a fully-realized bust. It was one of my favorite classes at RISD, not least of all because of the intensive wintersession schedule, in which only 1 or 2 classes are taken for 6 consecutive weeks. With this level of immersion, it's possible to make greater progress because there's no down time.

But despite everything I've ever learned, comic books always seem to rear their big, ugly head.





7 comments :

  1. "But despite everything I've ever learned, comic books always seem to rear their big, ugly head."

    Likewise, so too does your actual head

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like the way you handled the forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would like to see mr. quinones and mr. rivera in a claymation tete-a-tete.

    one of my favorite pieces, ever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Sick! I see a little of you in there....obviously, after all you are your own best reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't think I ever responded to these comments... thanks, everyone!

    Craig, I'd like to think that I still sculpt, but it's been way too long.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.