Amazing Spider-Man 577 Trailer

Monday, November 17, 2008

Whew. What a weekend. First of all, thank you to everyone whom stopped by my table at the Big Apple Con. And for those of you who commissioned pieces from me, thank you for your patience and support. As some of you might have noticed on Sunday, I had a tad too much fun on Saturday night. Thank you for the food, water, and Advil throughout the day.




Although I didn't post this in time for the release, I thought some of you might like to see the trailer I made for the new Amazing Spider-Man issue. The music is by Portishead. I asked them about using one of their songs and, surprisingly, they got back to me with a tentative yes... but then I haven't heard from them since. As a result, I held off on posting it.

8 comments :

  1. Good call with the Portishead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta say I'm curious to see this book. I'm kind of surprised that Marvel is encouraging such a different art style on one of it's most commercial superhero books...it really has more of a graphic novel/Euro look. Kind of reminds me of Zaffino somehow too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys.

    And yes, Michael, it surprises me as well, but I'm happy to see them take a chance. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the comic is published so frequently now—they have more opportunities to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Credit for Portishead, although not my favorite song by them. Oh well, hot ass Spider-man "animation" either way. Loved it, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers, It's a great and dramatic trailer!

    Now and then I buy a Marvel comics book, when they have a supergood artist like Paul Pope or yourself on it!

    ...Wait that is two very likely names...hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.