The Twelve No. 8

Monday, August 4, 2008


I don't know about you guys, but I had a great weekend. This was my last getaway before "crazy time" begins, so I spent it floating down the Delaware River with a beer in one hand and a paddle in the other. I also had a raging party on Friday for my 10,000th day birthday. Good times.

Pictured above is the cover to The Twelve No. 8, which features the forbidden temptress, The Black Widow. I've also included some of my preliminary digital sketches. And if you think this cover's "hot," just wait until you see the cover for No. 9. I'm surprised Marvel even allowed it.



3 comments :

  1. Really nice! the way you handled the face is really wonderful, I really like the quality of the stroke. and there's something very kirby about those eyes to me (maybe it's just me) This might be my favorite of your twelve covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you do a tutorial on how to paint using oils? this is just so good !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually painted in gouache, but the fundamentals are the same. Check out my YouTube channel for a bunch of tutorials and live streams about my process. Thanks!

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.