NYCC '08 Pin-Ups

Friday, June 13, 2008


I'm just about caught up with my life since the end of Mythos. It's been a little over a week and I've managed to see my girlfriend, do laundry, go to the gym (I lost about 6 pounds during the last 3 months), get some sun (I'm really pale), drink, go out to eat, meet up with friends, drink, pay bills, answer some of my e-mail, drink. And it was all just in time for a jury summons.

Among other things, I've cleaned up some pin-ups from the New York Comic Con back in April. I've been limiting the con sketches to just heads and busts, which has made the overall con experience much easier on me, especially when I have to go home that night and continue painting. It also allows me to give each commission the attention it deserves because I can concentrate on a nice finish, rather than agonizing over each composition.

I'll have another half dozen pin-ups on Monday. Have a great weekend!





4 comments :

  1. That punisher is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paolo,
    Its wild how a project needs so much time and attention, its like watching over a baby. LOL. Good to hear though that you are catching up to things that you've missed.
    The con sketch is a good idea, I can definately see how it can consume so much time in just one weekend. Switching to busts should give you a little more of a chance to concentrate on each individual piece. IDK if you ever saw but I was able to get my portfolio reviewed by Marvel, they actually talked a little on the Azteca Mini Comic that I gave you back in April.
    Check it out:
    http://www.mannymederos.blogspot.com/

    ~Manny

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome!

    Lucky fellas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing up Mythos and rejoining the real world, Paolo. I know how you feel!

    And jury duty! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.