Whataweekend

Monday, April 21, 2008


It's over. The New York Comic Con was a success and I have tons of news to report along with some new artwork. However, I'm still under a tight deadline, so I'm going to pace it out over the next couple weeks. As you can see, the convention floor was a rocking place and I'm still recovering. Optimus Prime even came to my Artist Alley table to pose for this photo.


This is the view from my signing at the Marvel booth on Sunday. They had a life-size Hulk statue from the movie that towered over the thunderous crowd. Marvel gives away prizes to people who scream the loudest, so you can only imagine what that was like.

And why anyone in charge of a convention center would paint the ceiling black is beyond me. The light and space is so much better when it's white, such as in San Diego or Philly. I guess not everyone who builds a convention center has to draw in one.


And this is the eighth and last Iliad cover for the Marvel Illustrated Classics series. It features Zeus and his golden eagle and should be out in July. In a future post, I'll cover the process in depth. It includes a revision so you can see how I go about re-painting something in the digital age.

Also, thanks to all of you who stopped by my table. It's great to put a face with all the blogger names in the comment section. Thanks for reading.

1 comment :

  1. pfiouuuuuu your Zeus is... is.... pfiouuuuuu :)
    awesome!!! i like his face! his eyes!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.