Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 282

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT #3 VARIANT COVER. 2015.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

This was a 1:25 variant cover that came out last week. You may be familiar with the character. (If not, how did you ever come across this blog?) This particular take is based on a video game, so I was given ample reference, from in-game screen shots to concept art. One such piece featured an island prison, so I thought that was as good an excuse as any to draw waves crashing around him. Why not?

As you can see, the costume is pretty detailed, but I simplified it as best I could (I wouldn't ever want to draw this for an entire comic, but it's fine for a single image). If you're interested in the original art, please contact my art dealer for details.





inks by my Paw


blue-line print of pencils


pencils over digital print


digital pencils


digital layouts

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.