Bettie and Bond

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bettie Page. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

I think Bettie Page would have made a magnificent Bond girl. But then again, so would Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. Both of these portraits were based on various pics I found on-line. I did my best to make it my own, but it's hard to deviate too much from the source material without losing the essence.

As for me, I'm going skiing this weekend. That means I won't have time to finish Part 3 of my "Presearch" series for Monday, but I'll finish it in a couple weeks. Life will go on, I promise. But if you can't get enough of my art, you can always bid on Iron Rex, an inked drawing I did (on stage) at the Thought Bubble Festival. Proceeds go to charity, so spend those quid! For those of you who are wondering, Iron Rex is a Tyrannosaur who wields the power of Iron Fist (despite the size of his own, admittedly tiny, fists). Copyright: Paolo Rivera, 2012.

Have a great weekend!


Jame Bond. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

2 comments :

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.