Wacky Reference Wednesday, No. 200!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wonder Woman Defaced. 2012. Gouache and watercolor on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

We have a winner! (And it has nothing to do with the election.) Nick from the UK provided the winning reference and this painting is his reward. Not only did he have an intriguing concept, but he did an entire photo shoot allowing me to choose my favorite pose. He must have known that I always have a skull sitting on my drafting table. The painting was also based on a John Byrne drawing that was "updated" by English street artist D*Face.







But that's not all — 2nd Place goes to Milán with his Dr. Hurt.



And 3rd Place goes to Freddie for Witchblade. Congrats, guys!

I'm off to the UK today and will be taking a blog break until the 26th. I'll have limited email access, so I'll be slow on the reply. Thanks to everyone who entered! This was a blast and I hope to do it again for Wacky Reference Wednesdays 300!

5 comments :

  1. Actually thank YOU, man for organizing this very unusual contest which I've been in love since I heard it's happening!
    And thank you very much for the 2nd place I wouldn't have done it differently as the first place went to who deserved it. :D
    Congrats to the other too, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled to win, a great prize and it's been fun to take part too. I'd like to thank Alicia for modelling and take this chance to plug her acting website, http://www.aliciagraceturrell.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the enthusiasm, guys! Glad we all got to meet in Leeds as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! so Nick was also there in Leeds! so cool wish I knew that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you guys probably crossed paths. It also made it easy to hand deliver the prizes.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.