Tentacles!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Amazing Spider-Man #699 Cover. 2012. 
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

New York Comic Con is less than a week away! I've been keeping busy with covers, including something for the Avengers, which has been pretty fun (if time consuming). I've always had respect for the artists who can crank out a team book on a monthly basis, and drawing that many characters on one piece of paper has only deepened that feeling.

Above is the cover to Amazing Spider-Man #699... at least part of it. No, I didn't get lazy and start drawing all black backgrounds. I'm afraid we can't show the rest because it would reveal a major plot point. It's kind of insane. (If you're interested in the original art, please contact Splash Page Art, but we can't release it until after the issue hits stands.)


Avenging Spider-Man # 15.1 Cover. 2012.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

And this is the cover for Avenging Spider-Man #15.1, a title for which I'll be doing all the covers (at least until they kick me off). I just finished up 16 and I'll start 17 in a couple weeks. For those of you who are unfamiliar, the "Point One" issues are designed as compact stories that serve as perfect "jumping-on" points.




And finally, it looks like I may actually have my first convention book ready for next week, thanks to Essential Sequential. I'm still not going to believe it until I actually have a copy in my hands, but it will be a full-color softcover, about 100 pages, featuring many of the commissions I've done since 2007. They're mostly head shots (hence the title) but there are over a dozen full-figure works. More details next week. Special thanks to my Feyoncé for designing the cover title.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments :

  1. Do you know if Essential Sequential will be selling the book online after the show? I can't make NYCC, but I'd sure love to buy a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we'll definitely offer via the blog. I'll be sure to announce once it becomes available.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.