New York Comic Con 2011 — Spider-Man

Monday, July 2, 2012

Spider-Man. 2011. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

Perhaps you've heard of this guy? Sticks to walls. Swings on webs.

I'll be taking a blogging break for the next couple weeks while I'm out in California for a wedding (not mine) and the San Diego Comic Con (also not mine). I won't be signing books (unless you can catch me) or taking on commissions, but my art dealer, Splash Page Comic Art, will be at booth 4400 for the entire show.

Shameless pitch: do I have any fans (or friends) who work at Pixar? I'll be in the area with some time to kill and I'd rent my soul for a tour. Seriously.

Finally, although I'll be on break, Wacky Reference Wednesdays will still be posting on auto-pilot. And don't forget: I'm still accepting submissions for the WRW 200 contest!

4 comments :

  1. tried spider man sketches in pencil for The Amazing Spider-Man season..... check out and give your critics....
    http://pencilandme.blogspot.com/2012/07/spiderman-series-pencil-sketches.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I recognize one of those poses! As you mentioned, the proportions are often the most difficult part to keep in check. One thing you could try is drawing it on tracing paper, then laying it over the original drawing to see what the differences are. I would also try drawing your own hand in the classic "thwip" pose to get some new and interesting angles. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Oh, shoot. I do know someone who works at Pixar! Someone should stay in touch with family and I might have known you wanted this. HeeHee. I was in NYC for 8 days the end of June, but you must have been too busy, or maybe I called the wrong number. Who knows!

    Aunt Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. I was definitely here. Justine should have my number.

      As for Pixar, I did end up finding a connection, but not in time. I'll have another chance soon, though.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.