Thank you, Boston!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Hello My Name Is. 2012. Sharpie on backpack, ~14 × 20″.

Boston was a blast. Thank you to everyone who stopped by the table. I'm in awe of all the good will and compliments for Daredevil and I hope to live up to the kind words. I was even given the honor of being on the same backpack with 2 legends of comics (and personal heroes), Stan Sakai and Kevin Eastman.


dunanananananana, Bat-Fam!

An ultra-special thanks must go out to my hosts, Maris Wicks, Joe Quinones, Liz Prince, and Hub Comics for transforming my long weekend into a true vacation. From beer to banana bread to beating TMNT the arcade game on the first try, life does not get any sweeter.


Always 2, there are...

6 comments :

  1. I stopped by your table 30 mins after doors opened (when I got in) and you were already booked up! I'll have to get there quicker next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that, Davin! The list usually fills up pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you were my first stop the second I got on the convention floor. Thank you for entertaining my rambles and shortness of breath. My Star-Lord commission has been a big hit with everyone I've showed it to.

    I hope you return next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it. I wasn't familiar with the character, but I've already had some people compliment me on it. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Yeah, I figured it would be one of the only times in Marvel history you'd ever get to draw him, so I had to go with him. That said, it does make me want to see you on a cosmic title at some point. Have you ever been interested in illustrating a cosmic-related comic book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely. Silver Surfer has always been one of my favorite characters.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.