NYCC 2011 Commissions — Ditko Spidey

Monday, March 12, 2012

Spider-Man. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

It feels odd thanking a city, but here goes: thank you, Toronto! I had a fantastic weekend filled with fans and friends, food and fun. For a 2-day show, I felt like we were able to accomplish a lot, thanks in no small part to my girlfriend who "manned" the table with me.

The only bad part was learning of Jean Giraud's passing (during my sketch duel with Yanick Paquette, no less (I also lost the duel)). It's difficult to overemphasize the abilities of the man known as Moebius. He was a world creator. His work was profound and I hope his influence will be apparent in my future "later work."

3 comments :

  1. Awesome, Spidey!

    Thanks again for coming back to Toronto, Paolo, and for the beautiful Mary Jane commission. Glad to hear that you had a great time here and hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, glad you enjoyed your time in Toronto! I just happened to be the person at the sketch duel who brought up Jean Giraud and you looked at my protfolio on Saturday (thanks again for the feed back!) I think I speak for the city that we'd love to have you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! Can't wait to return. Gotta keep practicing for my next sketch duel.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.