NYCC 2011 Commissions — Daredevil

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Daredevil. 2012. Acrylic on card stock, 7 × 10.5″.

Morning, folks! Today I'm 31 years old. Yippee! When I started working for Marvel, I was just barely old enough to have drinks at a bar with my editors. Nearly 10 years later, I'm still drawing dudes in tights (tight tights!). Still taking Wacky Reference. Still wearing the same glasses, as you'll see below.

The head shot above was commissioned at last year's New York Comic Con (and finished at home), but here's an interview from last week's Toronto Comic Con. Have a great weekend! Have a drink for me (responsibly, of course).


9 comments :

  1. Happy birthday, good sir! Here's to ten more years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, cool hand Paolo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Paolo! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday old man... from your uncle in London! I hear you're headed over to this side of the pond later in the year.... thoughtbubble. Don't forget to bring your umbrella... it is in Leeds, afterall! ;)
    Enjoy the day... and congrats on your continued success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. April and I are hoping to make at least a pit stop in London, so we hope to see you. Might even do a signing there.

      Delete
    2. Cool... looking forward to it! I had planned to make a trip up to Leeds if you weren't able to make it down to London. We've got extra rooms (we've moved since you were here nearly 10 years ago!... just outside London now in the 'country' near Windsor and the Queen!) if you need a place to stay...

      Delete
  5. hi uncle mark (full disclosure - uncle mark was my 14th birthday gift, and he didn't come with a gift receipt).

    happy birthday, kiddo! love, maw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Paolo! Am currently being blown away by your cover for Daredevil 14--what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.