Hellboy Commission (Finally)

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hellboy. 2010. Acrylic, gouache, and watercolor on bristol board, 11 x 17".

It may have taken over 2 years, but I finally finished this Hellboy commission. The scene is based on a key moment from The Wild Hunt, by Mike Mignola and Duncan Fegredo, 2 of my favorite comic creators.

Beyond that, I finished 3 head sketches this week, all of which I'll be sending out today. For those of you still waiting, thank you for your patience—I'm shooting for getting 3 done per week until they're all done. As for "work-work," I can't yet reveal the Marvel project I've been chipping away at, but it's pretty cool. Once that's completed, I can get going on my next Spidey issue with Dan Slott, which I'm really excited about.

If time permits, I may (may) go to the King Con in Brooklyn this weekend, though not in any official capacity. But if you see me, feel free to say "hi." I'll try not to be ornery. Have a great weekend!




Underpainting. Gouache and watercolor.


Pencils


Color Study. Gouache and watercolor on bristol, ~4 x 3".

13 comments :

  1. Man! I love everything you do, really, but this blows me away! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's friggin amazing. Awesome work man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing, great work (disculpa si no pongo mas pero tengo mala ortografia en ingles)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The waiting was worth the effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everybody! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellboy's never portrayed in so much light. Great illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Narco. That's precisely what drew me to that scene to begin with. I thought the combination of smoke and light would lend some drama to an otherwise static pose.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.